PHOTO: Meet The Richest Human Being In All History *Guess Who?

When we think of the world’s all-time richest people, names like Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and John D Rockefeller immediately come to mind.

But few would have thought, or even heard of, Mansa Musa I of Mali – the obscure 14th century African king who was today named the richest person in all history.

With an inflation adjusted fortune of $400 billion, Mansa Musa I would have been considerably richer than the world’s current richest man, Carlos Slim, who ranks in 22nd place with a relatively paltry $68 billion.

The list, compiled by the Celebrity Net Worth website, ranks the world’s 24 richest people of all time. The list advertises itself as the top 25, but 26 names appear in the list.

Although the list spans 1000 years, some aspects of wealth appear consistent throughout history; there are no women on the list, only three members are alive today, and 14 of the top 25 are American.

The list uses the annual 2199.6 per cent rate of inflation to adjust historic fortunes – a formula that means $100 million in 1913 would be equal to £2.299.63 billion today.

Mansa Musa I ruled West Africa’s Malian Empire in the early 1300s, making his fortune by exploiting his country’s salt and gold production. Many mosques he built as a young man still stand today.

After Mansa Musa I death in 1331, however, his heirs were unable to hang on to the fortune, and it was substantially depleted by civil wars and invading armies.

Second on the list are the Rothschild family, whose descendants are still among the richest people on the planet. Starting out in banking in the late 18th Century, Mayer Amschel Rothschild’s finance house accumulated a total wealth of $350 billion. The money has since been divided between hundreds of descendants, many of whom are business leaders today.

Meanwhile John D. Rockefeller, third on the list, is the richest American to have ever lived, worth $340billion in today’s USD at the time of his death in 1937.

In comparison, the poorest man on the list is 82-year-old Warren Buffett, who at his peak net worth, before he started giving his fortune to charity, was $64billion.

Here’s the full list of the ‘26 richest people of all time’:

1. Mansa Musa I, (Ruler of Malian Empire, 1280-1331) $400 billion

2. Rothschild Family (banking dynasty, 1740- ) $350 billion

3. John D Rockefeller (industrialist, 1839-1937) $340 billion

4. Andrew Carnegie (industrialist, 1835-1919) $310 billion

5. Tsar Nicholas II of Russia (last Emperor of Russia, 1868-1918) $300 billion

6. Osman Ali Khan, Asaf Jah VII (last ruler of Hyderabad, 1886-1967) $236 billion

7. William the Conqueror (King of England, 1028-1087) $229.5 billion

8. Muammar Gaddafi (former Libyan leader, 1942-2011) $200 billion

9. Henry Ford (Ford Motor Company founder, 1863-1947) $199 billion

10. Cornelius Vanderbilt (industrialist, 1794-1877) $185 billion

11. Alan Rufus (Fighting companion of William the Conqueror, 1040-1093) $178.65 billion

12. Bill Gates (Founder of Microsoft, 1955- ) $136 billion

13. William de Warenne, 1st Earl of Surrey (Norman nobleman, ??-1088) $146.13 billion

14. John Jacob Astor (businessman, 1864-1912) $121 billion

15. Richard Fitzalan, 10th Earl of Arundel (English nobleman, 1306-1376) £118.6 billion

16. John of Gaunt (son of Edward III, 1330-1399) £110 billion

17. Stephen Girard (shipping and banking mogul, 1750-1831) $105 billion

18. Alexander Turney Stewart (entrepreneur, 1803-1876) $90 billion

19. Henry, 1st Duke of Lancaster (English noble, 1310-1361) $85.1 billion

20. Friedrich Weyerhaeuser (timber mogul, 1834-1914) $80 billion

21. Jay Gould (railroad tycoon, 1836-1892) $71 billion

22. Carlos Slim (business magnate, 1940- ) $68 billion

23. Stephen Van Rensselaer (land owner, 1764- 1839) $68 billion

24. Marshall Field (Marshall Field & Company founder, 1834-1906) $66 billion

25. Sam Walton (Walmart founder, 1918-1992) $65billion

26. Warren Buffett (investor, 1930- ) $64billion

Godspower Oshodin

A Poet, Writer, International Media Consultant, Humanitarian Agent, President of Nigeria Bloggers Forum, Film-Maker, and Co-author of 'Global Seal of Integrity'

18 thoughts on “PHOTO: Meet The Richest Human Being In All History *Guess Who?

• Apr 27, 2018 at 2:23 am

I got what you mean , appreciate it for putting up.Woh I am glad to find this website through google. “Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment.” by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

• Apr 27, 2018 at 6:22 pm

Only 4 stars because it looks like the cushion top on this holds a great deal from warmth in – with any luck my outdated topper will definitely do away with that.

• Apr 28, 2018 at 6:41 am

you are in reality a excellent webmaster. The site loading pace is incredible. It seems that you’re doing any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you’ve performed a magnificent job in this subject!

• Apr 30, 2018 at 5:42 am

So comfy, and also budget friendly for an individual who requires a matress in between company and also soft many thanks !! I am going to buy from brentwood again!

• Apr 30, 2018 at 4:10 pm

(Existing without the answers to the difficulties you’ve sorted out through this guide is a critical case, as well as the kind which could have badly affected my entire career if I had not discovered your website.

• May 1, 2018 at 2:14 pm

HelloHeyHey thereGood dayHowdyHi thereHello thereHi! This is kind of off topic but I need some advicehelpguidance from an established blog. Is it hardvery difficultvery hardtoughdifficult to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fastquick. I’m thinking about creatingsetting upmaking my own but I’m not sure where to startbegin. Do you have any tipspointsideas or suggestions? ThanksWith thanksAppreciate itCheersThank youMany thanks

• May 2, 2018 at 10:28 pm

(I wish to show thanks to you just for bailing me out of this particular trouble.As a result of checking through the net and meeting techniques that were not productive, I thought my life was done.

• May 5, 2018 at 11:13 am

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information..

• May 6, 2018 at 3:14 pm

ReallyActuallyIn factTrulyGenuinely no matter ifwhen someone doesn’t understandknowbe aware of thenafter thatafterward its up to other userspeopleviewersvisitors that they will helpassist, so here it happensoccurstakes place.

• May 7, 2018 at 1:55 am

Thank youThanks for any otheranothersome otherevery other informative blogwebsiteweb sitesite. WhereThe place else may justmaycould I am gettingI get that kind oftype of infoinformation written in such a perfectan ideal waymethodmeansapproachmanner? I haveI’ve a projectventurechallengeundertakingmission that I amI’m simplyjust now runningoperatingworking on, and I haveI’ve been at theon the glancelook out for such informationinfo.

• May 8, 2018 at 12:35 am

It’s awesomeremarkableamazing to visitgo to seepay a visitpay a quick visit this websiteweb sitesiteweb page and reading the views of all friendsmatescolleagues regardingconcerningabouton the topic of this articlepostpiece of writingparagraph, while I am also keeneagerzealous of getting experienceknowledgefamiliarityknow-how.

• May 8, 2018 at 11:40 am

HiWhat’s upHi thereHello it’s me, I am also visiting this websiteweb sitesiteweb page regularlydailyon a regular basis, this websiteweb sitesiteweb page is reallyactuallyin facttrulygenuinely nicepleasantgoodfastidious and the userspeopleviewersvisitors are reallyactuallyin facttrulygenuinely sharing nicepleasantgoodfastidious thoughts.